Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/swingcat/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Splish Splash Party!
Swing Dancing And Lindy Hop In Greece
August 17, 2017, 11:20:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To The Swing Dance and Lindy Hop In Greece Message Board!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Splish Splash Party!  (Read 5919 times)
Kitty Von Paw
Dr Puss!
Global Moderator
General

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2010, 01:59:13 PM »

Swing Kids,

straight after Jerry Lee Lewis' concert in Athens...

Saturday, 24th of July...@ Floral

'Splish Splash Party'!

Get your waterpistols and join us at a very refreshing party in the city centre  Wink

Lots of surprises, presents, great music, even greater dancing and lots and lots of...water to cool you down from swingin' on the dancefloor on a hot night!

Not to be missed  Grin

Splish Splash Party!

Οι Athens Swing Cats ξανά στο Floral για το μεγαλύτερο πάρτυ του καλοκαιριού.
Μια βραδιά γεμάτη από 1940s-50s καλοκαιρινούς ήχους.
Τα τραπέζια φεύγουν, ο χώρος ανοίγει και οι Athens Swing Cats γιορτάζουν το καλοκαίρι με πολύ μουσική, χορό, νεροπίστολα και πολύ μπουγέλο.

It Don't Mean a Thing, If It Ain't Got That Swing!
george
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 03:09:32 PM »

I quote:"straight after Jerry Lee Lewis' concert in Athens..."

Today Saturday 17th of July I went to the Ticket House booth in Panepistimiou street to but a ticket for the Jerry Lee Lewis concert and I was told by the vendor that the concert has been cancelled because of the need for a medical operation. Does anyone has more news about the concert, the operation and what is going to happen? Thank you.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 03:19:07 PM by george » Logged
Mr.Mistoffelees
Private First Class

Hi dee hi dee hi dee ho!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 10:20:04 AM »

I quote:"straight after Jerry Lee Lewis' concert in Athens..."

Today Saturday 17th of July I went to the Ticket House booth in Panepistimiou street to but a ticket for the Jerry Lee Lewis concert and I was told by the vendor that the concert has been cancelled because of the need for a medical operation. Does anyone has more news about the concert, the operation and what is going to happen? Thank you.

unfortunately the news are true,

Dear Fans,
Last night the management of Jerry Lee Lewis and his daughter Phoebe Lewis has informed us that Jerry is unable to make his European Summertour starting in Belgium Saturday july 17 and finishing in Finland on august 1st.

Jerry is suffering from SHINGLES (acute vesicular inflammation), very painfull and it causes also problems with his heart.
Jerry had a 3 hours surgery yesterday in the Hospital in Memphis and his docters have advised him NOT to do the tour at this moment.They have told him that everything will be fine again in one month.

I also spoke to Jerry personal last night, he was very depressed and sad that he had to cancel his summertour.Please understand that Jerry Lee Lewis has not been ill during the last FIVE years.

I spoke to the Agent Steven Green and to Jerry’s manager Phoebe Lewis and both advised me to postphone the tour to NOVEMBER 2010,just a couple of months later.

DIBA international

http://www.diba.nl/

I wish for him a quick recovery and a lot of strength so he can keep on rock n' roll'n our hearts. We should swing it all night long on Saturday for Jerry!!
george
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 02:13:49 PM »

Thanks for the information. Today I phoned to a number taken from an advertisment of the concert in the magazine "K", a supplement of the "Kathimerini" newspaper, and I received the answer that they have been informed from Friday not to sell more tickets, that a heart operation has taken place(they learned it from the newspapers) and that the European tour in it's totality has been cancelled. Incorrectly the "eleutheros tipos" newspaper mentioned the Greek concert of Jerry Lee Lewis as to be held on the 21st as oppossed to the correct 23rd of July. I have been told by another swingcat that an announcement has been issued-the content of which your message reveals. I hope that the recovery lasts and that we will have Jerry Lee Lewis in concert in Athens soon...
Kitty Von Paw
Dr Puss!
Global Moderator
General

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 10:51:48 AM »

Swing Kids,

on Saturday we should ALL dance for Jerry Lee. Jerry Lee is really upset about cancelling his European tour. We were specifically asked to get a 'Get Well Card' a sign it from all the Swing Cats here in Athens.

Our Saturday party is a tribute to one of the greatest artists. See you all at the dancefloor!

Με μεγάλη μας λύπη ανακοινώνουμε πως οι προγραμματισμένη εμφάνιση του Jerry Lee Lewis στο Θέατρο Λυκαβηττού στις 23 Ιουλίου 2010 δεν θα πραγματοποιηθεί. Ο Jerry Lee Lewis εισήχθη σε κλινική του Memphis και υποβλήθηκε σε τρίωρη χειρουργική επέμβαση, πράγμα που καθιστά αδύνατη την πραγματοποίηση της Ευρωπαϊκής του περιοδείας.

Μπορείτε να εξαργυρώσετε τα εισιτήρια σας στο κατάστημα PUBLIC ΣΥΝΤΑΓΜΑΤΟΣ την Παρασκευή 23 Ιουλίου και τη Δευτέρα 26 Ιουλίου από τις 12:00 μέχρι και τις 19:00. Αν για οποιοδήποτε λόγο δεν μπορέσετε να βρεθείτε στο PUBLIC ΣΥΝΤΑΓΜΑΤΟΣ σε καμία από τις 2 παραπάνω ημερομηνίες, η εξαργύρωση των εισιτηρίων θα γίνεται μετά από τηλεφωνική συνεννόηση στο 210-6465000 μέχρι το τέλος του μήνα Ιουλίου. Η εξαργύρωση των εισιτηρίων δεν θα γίνεται αποδεκτή μετά τις 31 Ιουλίου!

Ακολουθεί η ανακοίνωση του μας έστειλε το agency του Jerry Lee Lewis:

"Last night the management of Jerry Lee Lewis and his daughter Phoebe Lewis has informed us that Jerry is unable to make his European Summertour starting in Belgium Saturday july 17 and finishing in Finland on august 1st. Jerry is suffering from SHINGLES (acute vesicular inflammation), very painfull and it causes also problems with his heart. Jerry had a 3 hours surgery yesterday in the Hospital in Memphis and his docters have advised him NOT to do the tour at this moment.They have told him that everything will be fine again in one month. I also spoke to Jerry personal last night, he was very depressed and sad that he had to cancel his summertour.Please understand that Jerry Lee Lewis has not been ill during the last FIVE years - Diba International Concerts"

jimvakis
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 10:42:03 AM »

Ωραία περάσαμε στο πάρτυ...!Σκουπίσαμε και το πάτωμα με την κίνηση "Βιλέντα", το έκανα το παντελόνι κ...λος!
Να δω τι θα μου πουν στο καθαριστήριο
Kitty Von Paw
Dr Puss!
Global Moderator
General

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 01:24:53 AM »

Ωραία περάσαμε στο πάρτυ...!Σκουπίσαμε και το πάτωμα με την κίνηση "Βιλέντα", το έκανα το παντελόνι κ...λος!
Να δω τι θα μου πουν στο καθαριστήριο

Kala...esu pos kataferes kai lero8ikes me auto to move?  Huh

jimvakis
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 12:19:03 PM »

Προφανώς δεν δίνεις προσοχή στα μαθητούδια σου κυρα δασκάλα!!!Δύο φορές αντιστρέψαμε τους όρους (ισότητα δεν θέλατε;;Wink και το έκανα μία με την Ρόη και μία με την Βένια!!!...και με κρατήσανε μια χαρά!!!Γαμώ!!!
Μου φαίνεται θα τσακώνομαι με τις ντάμες ποιος θα κάνει την vileda!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: