Swing Dancing And Lindy Hop In Greece
June 28, 2017, 12:26:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To The Swing Dance and Lindy Hop In Greece Message Board!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW Beginners Classes 24 APRIL 2010!  (Read 4954 times)
Kitty Von Paw
Dr Puss!
Global Moderator
General

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2010, 01:32:26 AM »

Swing Kids!

το πρώτο μάθημα του καινούργιου κύκλου για αρχάριους στο Savoy Lindy Hop ξεκινάει το Σάββατο, 24 Απριλίου στο 'Choro-logie' Dance Studio, Πειραιώς 76, 4ος όροφος.

Ωρα: ΜΟΝΟ ΓΙΑ ΤΟ ΠΡΩΤΟ ΜΑΘΗΜΑ 17:30 - 18:30 ακριβώς

Δηλώστε συμμετοχή μέσω email ακολουθώντας τις παρακάτω οδηγίες. Παρακαλούμε στείλτε μας email με τις εξής πληροφορίες:

1) Πόσα άτομα εγγράφετε στον καινούργιο κύκλο και το όνομα σας

2) Το φύλο σας!

Μόλις λάβουμε το σχετικό email σας θα σας στείλουμε confirmation για την κράτηση σας.

Ευχαριστούμε παρα πολύ!

ΥΓ - Δέ χρειάζεται να έχετε κάποιες γνώσεις πάνω στο χορό!

Hi Everyone,

We are starting our brand new beginners' Savoy Lindy Hop classes οn Saturday, 24th of April. This will be for people with no previous experience, everything will be taught from the very beginning.

Time: FOR THE FIRST CLASS ONLY: 17:30 - 18:30

Place: Choro-logie Dance Studio, 76, Peiraios Avenue, 4th floor

In order to help us plan this effectively, if you are interested in starting classes with us, we ask that you register in advance by simply sending an email to us at the following address:

When we receive your email at the above address, we will reserve a space (or several spaces) for you when the new classes begin and also send you an email-confirmation.

Please include the following information when you email us to reserve your space(s):

1) How many people you are reserving for, specifically, how many men and how many women

2) The names of the people you are reserving spaces for

This will help us to carefully prepare the new beginners class, and make sure that it is not too overcrowded etc...

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 10:43:40 AM by Ben » Logged

It Don't Mean a Thing, If It Ain't Got That Swing!
Kitty Von Paw
Dr Puss!
Global Moderator
General

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 02:03:57 PM »

Swing Kids!

Εδώ θα βρείτε ολες τις απαντήσεις στις ερωτήσεις που μας έχετε θέσει...στα αγγλικά όμως, διότι κάποιοι απο εσάς δέν μιλάτε Ελληνικά! Λοιπόν...

1. what to wear in our classes:

comfy clothes, not too short skirts for the girls, not high heels or any kind of boots, preferrably canvas shoes (like All Star) or ballet shoes

2. what music do you play?

swing, swing, swing and nothing but swing of the 1930s-50s

3. can I bring a friend of mine?

yes, but please make sure that he/she is registered with us first; otherwise it becomes chaos!

4. do you speak Greek?

yes, we do. The classes are in both languages, English and Greek. This is for three reasons: the Savoy Lindy Hop is an authentic American Dance, so all the steps and terminology are in English; second, quite a few of our students are not Greek; third, the main teacher, Ben is a Scottish-American who's been trying to learn Greek for the last year with no much success (he can order food though!)

(hehehe...sorry Ben!  Tongue)

5. how many are the Swing Cats teachers?

we are three teachers, one leader (Ben) and two followers (Joss and Christina) who alternate.

is there anything else I need to know?
YES! 'Athens Swing Cats' have built a very strong Swing community in Greece with many friendly people so come along with a big smile, don't be shy, and be prepared to dance till you drop!

It Don't Mean a Thing, If It Ain't Got That Swing!
natalaki
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 11:17:28 PM »

hi!!! i m a new member and i have some questions... i want to attenf swing lessons which take place in pireos street but i lost the first one.... what can i do from now on?Huh 
thanks!!!
sophie
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 11:36:47 PM »

hey!! i would like to ask about the 2nd class of swing .... the hours and other information!!please post something !!! Smiley Cheesy
sophie
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 08:37:42 PM »

may i askkkk this saturday there will be class??----there is a strike for 24 hours , no bus , no metroo ...
Ben
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 12:06:44 AM »

Hi Sophie,

Sorry for not answering you sooner, but we had problems with our forum for the past few days (now fixed).

Your next class will be this Saturday on 8th May 13:00 - 14:00 at Chorologie Studio, 76, Peiraios av. (4th floor) .

Dont worry if you missed last weeks class, we will revise everything we did, before we move ahead with new material.

Hope to see you there,

Ben.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: